What's Your Favorite Shape?

I have taught high school geometry for many years now. But as a result of my MTBoS explorations and work with my colleagues in the NYS Master Teacher Program, I have become more aware and fascinated by shapes and their structures. I have also tried to increase student awareness of the beauty and powerful properties of the myriad of shapes that we study and don't study.

It is still early in the school year, and my students' understanding and sense of shapes is still developing. So at the end of a recent quiz, I asked the students: "What is your favorite shape? Why?" Here are their unedited responses. Enjoy! 



I will try to remember to ask them the same question at the end of the year, after working with a variety of shapes and their properties.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Plates & Fuzzy Sticks

Geometry Modeling Set From the Thrift Store

Why isn't ASS a member of the "Fab Five"?